Order Items Tab
Once you have created an order you are ready to add line items. The Order Items tab shows the line items for the order and helps you quickly add new order line items. You can easily:
- Enter a stock item/quantity
- Enter a service code
- Enter a Vendor Catalog part number
- Enter a standard bill ID
- Enter a miscellaneous item
- Check and override pricing
- Handle out-of-stock or special purchasing situations
- Edit existing line items
- Inquire stock info
- ...and many other functions
Line Item List
A grid list displays the current line items for the order with totals at the bottom. You may sort or filter the items shown, and you may use the icons beside each item to Edit or Delete a line item.
Item Entry box
The Item Entry box displays in the middle of the page for quick entry of new line items:
- Different Types of Items
Via the Item Entry field you may enter a stock number (or a cross reference), a service code, a standard bill ID, or a vendor catalog number (non-stock item). When the page validates the Item it determines what type of ID you entered and displays confirmation info to the left of the Entry box.
If you use multiple locations and your billing operator allows multiple locations on an order then a location drop-down list appears in the Item entry box. This lets you select the location for each item.
If multi-locations do not apply then the location number will be displayed but may not be edited.
- To Specify the Item Number for a New Line Item
In the Item No field you may enter a stock number, a cross reference, a service code, a standard bill ID, or a vendor catalog number:
- If you know the item number simply enter it and press [Enter].
- If you know the first characters of the number enter them and click on the "Find" button. This displays a stock number search list. Click on an item in the list to select it.
- To search all types of items (stock, service, vendor catalog, standard bills) enter a key word and click on the "All" link. This displays a key word search list. Click on an item in the list to select it.
- To search the vendor catalog enter a starting value and click on the "VndCat" link. This displays a vendor catalog search list. Click on an item in the list to select it.
- After You Enter or Select an Item ID
After you enter or select an Item ID the page validates the ID. For a stock number some confirmation info and current quantity info appears to the left of the Entry box. If the ID is not valid an error will display and you may re-enter the ID.
- For More Info on a Stock Item you may click on the "Inquiry" link. This displays a window with the standard Stock Item portal so that you can access most available info about the item.
- For More Pricing Info you may click on the dollar icon to display a window of pricing info for the item.
- To Change the Unit of Measure
If the item has multiple units of measure you may click on the Unit of Measure (which is a link). This displays a window of the available units of measure. To select a different unit simply select it from the list. This will update the Item Entry box with the selected unit of measure.
- To Restore the Default Selling U/M use the link at the top of the Unit of Measure window. Clicking on this link will update the Item Entry box with the default selling unit of measure. Please note that changing the unit of measure affects only the unit of measure to be used for the item about to be added.
- To Enter the Quantity
You may default to quantity 1 or enter a quantity. Press [Enter] or click on the "Add to Order" button. The unit of measure for the item appears to the right of the quantity field.
- If a Stock Item Has Special Handling
If a stock item entered has special order handling defined in the stock record (such as Purchase For Sales Order) then this default handling will be used for the added line item.
- If an Item Doesn’t Have Sufficient Quantity
If the item ordered doesn’t have enough available quantity for the quantity needed to ship, a window of options appears. The window shows the Order Qty, Available Qty, Qty Short, and any quantities available in other locations. The options shown are similar to the options available in the standard order entry program:
- Backorder Qty Ordered - This will backorder the entire quantity ordered (if the customer allows backorders). (For an Assembly item this option will be "Assemble All")
- Ship Available, B/O Rest - This will use any available quantity and backorder the remaining quantity needed (if the customer allows backorders). (For an Assembly item this option will be "Ship Available, Assemble Rest")
- Ship Available, Cancel Rest - This will use any available quantity and then cancel the remaining quantity ordered.
- Cancel - Cancel Order of this Item - This will cancel the ordered quantity and update the system so that this will be recognized as a lost sale.
- Override and Ship Order Qty - This will override the unavailable
validation and specify that the entire order quantity is to be shipped
from stock. (This option is available only if your transaction operator
allows you to override Stock-
- Purchase - Create PO for Order Qty - This will change the handling
code for the line item to be a Purchase From Vendor handling - when you
finish the order the "Finish" function will create a purchase order for
this line item. .
(This option is available only if the stock item Order Code allows purchasing.)
- Drop Ship - Order from Vendor - This will change the handling code for the line item to be a Drop Ship from Vendor handling. (This option is available only if the stock item Order Code allows drop ship purchases.)
- Substitutes - If the item has substitute items available these will show as links. The link displays the available quantity for each substitute item. You may click on a substitute link to select a substitute item.
- If an Item Has Related Items
After you add a stock item that has related items then a related item window appears. The window shows a list of all related items. Click on the green arrow beside an item in the list (or double click on the item) to add it to the current order.
- The item for quantity 1 will be added as a new line item to the order.
- A green check mark will appear beside the item to indicate you have already selected that item.
- A confirmation message will appear above the list showing the item and quantity added.
- The order totals in the upper right of the screen will be updated.
- The "Order Items" list is updated.
- To Enter a Miscellaneous Item
If you enter a miscellaneous stock item (stock number begins with "*") the program will display a Miscellaneous Item window and ask you to enter the information needed for a miscellaneous sale:
- Item Description fields
- Quantity Ordered
- Unit of Measure
- Unit Price
- Unit Cost
Click on the "Add Item to Order" button to add the miscellaneous line item.
- To Inquire a Stock Item
You may inquire a stock item by entering the stock number (or use the search options to find it) and then clicking on the "Inquiry" link that displays beside the stock confirmation info to the left of the Entry box. The Inquiry link displays a window with the standard Stock Item portal so that you can access most available info about the item.
- To Edit a Line Item
Click on the edit icon beside a line item to access the line item edit window. In this window you can view more details about the line item and edit selected information. The standard fields* you may edit include:
- Line Item Text
- Ship Date
- Quantity Ordered
- Quantity to Ship
- Unit Price
* You may customize this window to allow editing of additional fields
If you change any fields you must click on the "Update Info" button to submit the changes.
A tool bar at the top of the line item edit window provides quick access to the following functions:
- Refresh - This function reloads the line item edit window
- Full Edit (available only if you are using the portal within
a SouthWare login session) - This function calls the standard Order
Entry program (IS-01-02-01) for the order line item. The current line
item will be displayed in the
program. This allows you to access any of the fields and functions of the standard order entry program. When you exit the order you will return to the portal. If you made changes to the order you must use the Refresh function (see above) to reload the page and reflect the changes.
- (Serial or Tracking #) (available only if you are using the
portal within a SouthWare login session AND the item uses serial or
tracking numbers) - This function calls the serial/tracking number
selector program to display a list of
available tracking numbers. This is the same selector program used in the standard order entry program. You may select tracking numbers for the line item. When you exit the selector the edit window will refresh to show the
tracking number totals.
- Cancel - This function will cancel the quantity for the line item.
- Delete - This function will delete the line item from the order.
- Exit - This function will exit the window without further editing - if you changed fields but did not click on the Update Info button then the changes are not saved.
- To Delete a Line Item
The quickest way to delete a line item from the order is to click on the delete icon beside the line item in the line item grid
listing. This removes the line item and refreshes the grid list and the order totals. You may also delete a line from the Line
Item Edit function or by going to the Full Edit program to delete the line.